My list of favourite films often fluctuates, but it’s a list that I enjoy doing…
(as of 07/05/2020):
10. There Will be Blood (2007) – A masterpiece from the greatest filmmaker of all time.
9. The Fountain (2006)- I can happily die in peace now that I have seen this film.
8. The Exorcist (1973) – I find this film so deeply moving, and it is perfect in every way.
7. The Godfather (1972) – When the aliens come down, I’m showing them this film.
6. Ruby Sparks (2012) – Stunning film about writing and relationships. It speaks to me.
5. Reds (1981) – Finding your voice and fighting the good fight. Diane Keaton, Diane Keaton, Diane Keaton.
4. La Nuit Americaine (1973) – The only movie about filmmaking that matters (and isn’t depressing).
3. High Fidelity (2000) – The film I most relate to. It’s about girls, right?
2. Frances Ha (2012) – Comfort food.
1. Stop Making Sense (1984) – THERE ISN’T ANYTHING BETTER.